It is always hard for customers to choose the right technology for their business solutions. There is a wide range of existing technologies. They have a 60 – 80 % overlap of their main functionality; however, their benefits and drawbacks are quite disparate.
No wonder customers usually tend to prefer a development technology with which either they or their friends have had a positive previous experience. They are convinced that if it worked well before, it will work in the new case, too. Also, another reason why customers favour a technological platform is development and operating costs.
However, when this strategy works for small projects, it is not profitable for big ones. When you seek a solution that must function smoothly on various types of devices, integrate, exchange and synchronise data with other systems and so on, then ASP.NET will be your advantage.
Microsoft provides the development environment for all markets. With its help, we create solutions that function the same way or similarly on various OSs, i.e. under diverse conditions.
Here are the main tools we use to develop .NET-based solutions:
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) for building of UI in Windows-based apps.
- ASP.NET MVC to produce (single page) web apps and services.
- Cross-platform mobile apps via Xamarin framework.
- Microsoft Dynamics for various CRMs and ERP systems.
- Server solutions to host apps on shared, dedicated servers, server farms etc. and all possible types of cloud solutions (including Microsoft’s own Azure cloud)
This is why we recommend you start an ASP.NET-based solution in one of the following cases:
- You prioritise seamless integration with Microsoft software like MS Office, Exchange mail server, etc.
- You target different platforms and/or devices, because you want the code and app logic to be reused.
- You want a SaaS (software as a service), i.e. a cloud-based solution development. Possible options include physical, virtual servers, cloud-based services like Microsoft Azure of Amazon Web services or any sort of hybrid solutions.