What is Business Process Automation?
Progress is made by lazy men looking for easier ways to do things. Laziness stands behind many innovative things like remote control which make our everyday life simple. However, unlike ordinary people, businesses target innovations to reduce unnecessary work, save time and win new customers with an improved product.
Technological innovation means more than just upgrading to iPads or reducing paper waste by putting documents into PDFs. The aim of true technological innovation: create competitive advantages to generate new value for you and for your clients by enhancing quality, reducing production time or improving service performance. For example, shopping malls install touch screens only in one location to help visitors; instead, they could implement a BLE beacons-based app to serve visitors everywhere while in the shopping mall.
Here are just few of business activities that can be improved through innovations:
- Energy management
- Tracking and monitoring of supply, equipment and processes
- Back-office automation
- Data collection and exchange
- Data analysis and report generation
- Logs and real-time notifications
- Security and automated face recognition
- Client management and support
- Customer personalization
There are two possible ways to optimize your business. The first one, incremental innovation, means you improve your workflow step by step. For example, you implement an automated instant mailing system so that your customers can reach your office 24/7 from anywhere in the world. Also, when you introduce an automated notification system, none of those orders will be lost or escape notice of your sales managers. The second way, process innovation, occurs when companies solve existing processes in a completely different way, thus generating new values. It requires time and effort, but increases profit. For example, sensor-based machinery monitoring or BLE beacons-based warehouse tracking systems require investments in hardware and tailoring to your workflow. But they will make it possible to monitor the processes in real-time and predict issues before they happen.
Process automation means quite a lot for every business. Every method that splits redundant, tedious work into simple, streamlined operations, and replaces manual labor with automated processes aims to at least:
- get rid of manual inefficiency and errors
- optimize workflow
- improve collaboration between different offices or
- serve customers in the most convenient manner
However, business-process innovation is a complex thing because each company’s goals and best practices differ from those of other companies. Adding to this complexity, non-tech companies rarely keep pace with the latest tech trends. This is why we offer our clients:
- Opportunities to discuss the concept with a project manager: we want to ensure you have selected the relevant strategy.
- Close collaboration between you and a project manager, business analyst, and customer care manager in order to focus on the best solutions for your problems.
- Full integration and customization based on your goals and needs.
- Iterative Agile approach. With every iteration, you receive a report and results that you can test to be assured that it works, as planned.
- Post-release support and maintenance for your customized solution.
- Contact us. Find out what we can do for you.